"CrossFit against Cancer" is an event where we come together to do a workout to raise money to the Norwegian Cancer Society. In addition to being a good cause, it's a day of togetherness, fellowship, and training pleasure. We sell t-shirts with the "CrossFit against Cancer" logo, and the entire profit goes directly to the Norwegian Cancer Society.
This has been wonderfully well received among members and friends as cancer is something that concerns the most of us - and the vast majority have probably experienced cases of cancer amongst family or friends.
History behind "CrossFit against Cancer"
The first "CrossFit against Cancer" event/wod started in 2013 at CrossFit Centrum when our dear member Anders Svindland was diagnosed with cancer. Anders was one of our first members since startup, and we wanted to show our support and consideration to him and everyone else in the same situation. Sadly, Anders is not with us anymore, but we wanted to honor him and others by continuing this tradition and focusing on research and action against cancer.
- In 2013 and 2014, we organized "CrossFit against Cancer" at our local box, CrossFit Centrum. We collected nok 36.525,- and 40.000,-
- In 2015, we got the idea of making this a national event for the entire CrossFit environment in Norway. So we invited boxes from south to north to join in and run the event together with us. This first year we had 7 boxes that participated and we collected a total of NOK 95.931,-
- In 2016 we were 24 boxes joining in, and together we collected NOK 257.000,-
- In 2017, we were a total of 40 boxes and collected approx. NOK 450.000 (still on-going for a week or two where boxes are selling out t-shirts to members that were not able to join in at the event day)
We care and believe that together we can make a difference!
A big big thank you to everyone who supports, participates and joines in - you make this magic!
- Jeanette V. Hustad, CrossFit Centrum
Here are some photos from 2017 and 2016: